Welcome back to Links and a Latte! Grab a cup of coffee, tea or other favorite beverage (I’ve got my hazelnut coffee today), and enjoy this quick round-up of interesting links; some are library-related and some are just, interesting (useful useless knowledge?). This week’s post is mostly articles although some of the links point to videos, presentations, and webinars.
- Connected Learning and Implications for Libraries as Spaces and Mentors for Learning (this is a wrap-up post, pulling together a new theory of learning, connected learning, and the author begins to explore the impact this could have on libraries. Several recorded presentations, additional articles, and reports are linked to in this article)
- How Libraries Thrive as Technology Advances
- How do you say no? (always a good reminder)
- Powerful Impact of Public Libraries Using Information and Communication Technology
- The Usefulness of Useless Knowledge
- What are the four types of creativity?
- What’s Going On with Readers Today? Goodreads Finds Out (Interesting findings reported; libraries are unfortunately not mentioned, but it’s still worth reading)
- Why Libraries Should Be the Next Great Start-Up Incubators
That’s it for this Links and a Latte post! What are you reading online? Share it in the comments.