NEKLS is happy to order the following for our member libraries; our finance manager will invoice you once you have received your order.
For Supplies ordering, please contact Jessi Harris (jharris at nekls.org).
- Minimum order per library: 1,000 barcodes, price dependent on order size
- 12 disc binder (black): $2.45; box of 50: $122.50 (Used for Audiobooks)
- 20 disc binder (black): $2.70; box of 30: $81.00 (Used for Audiobooks)
- Sleeves (2 disc insert for binder): $0.15; 50 Sleeves: $7.50
- 1 disc case: $0.40; box of 100: $40.00
- 2 disc case: $0.58; box of 100: $58.00
- 4 disc case: $0.75; box of 25: $18.75
- 6 disc case: $0.75; box of 50: $37.50
- 1 pair of earbuds: $0.79; 25 pairs of earbuds: $19.75
- NExpress patron card/keytag combo: 100 cards/ $18.00
Thermal Receipt Paper
- 1 roll: $1.45, box of 50 rolls: $72.50
- Black and chrome with navy NEKLS logo. 8G of flash memory, $3.60 each.
For Hardware or Software ordering, please email tech at nekls.org
- Epson TM T88V Receipt Printer: $309 (cheaper on Amazon)
- Honeywell Hyperion Barcode Scanner (HSM-1300G-2USB): $162.00 (cheaper on Amazon)
- Flex Neck Stand for Barcode Scanner (WA-HFSTAND7E): $30.00
- Dell Optiplex 3080 Small Form Factor Desktop Computer, $777.00 : Quote/Specifications
- Dell Optiplex 3080 Small Form Factor Desktop Computer, SSD+Video Card, $884.00: Quote/Specifications
- Dell 21.5″ Pro Monitor (P2219H)E, $210.00: Quote/Specifications
- Dell Latitude 3510, $909.00 : Quote/Specifications
- Dell XPS 13 Laptop: Quote/Specifications
- Lenovo Tiny in One – Modular All-in-one System, (no optical drive): See on Amazon
- Lenova ThinkPad E15 laptop: Quote/Specifications
- Microsoft Office Standard 2019: $49.00 (Patron computers can use software ordered directly from TechSoup at a reduced cost); Quote
- Microsoft Windows 10: $51.00 (Patron computers can use software ordered directly from TechSoup at a reduced cost); Quote
- Faronics DeepFreeze: $7.00 (NEKLS provides each member public library up to 20 licensees at no cost)
- ESET Endpoint Antivirus: $5.00 (NEKLS provides each member public library up to 20 licenses at no cost)
NEKLS helps member libraries stretch their budgets by offering discounted group rates, see below for participating vendors.
All libraries in Kansas are now members of LYRASIS, through a membership purchased by the State Library of Kansas. This membership entitles NEKLS libraries to discounts with the companies listed below.
- Andrew Garner, LYRASIS Outreach Manager
To receive discount: Order products directly through LYRASIS.
Product: RFID tags & tattle-tape security strips
Discount: Varies from 10-30% off list.
Please contact LYRASIS member support by phone at 800-999-8558 or by email at email@example.com for specific pricing questions.
Use Code: LYRSIS
Product: Library supplies, archival supplies, and library furniture
Discount: 25% on book jacket covers 20% on supplies 15% on equipment and furnitureFree shipping on library orders over $100.00
Hollinger Metal Edge
Use Code: LYRASIS
Product: Archival supplies, equipment, and furniture
Discount: 20% off list for supplies 10% off list for equipment and furniture.
The Library Store
Use Code: LYRASIS
Product: Library supplies, equipment, and furniture
Discount: 10-20% off list for supplies 10% off list for equipment and furniture
NEKLS has negotiated member discounts from several additional vendors. Before taking advantage of these, be sure to check that you are not already receiving a better discount through your current account. Contact Mike McDonald if you have any questions or recommendations for additional vendors to work with.
Baker & Taylor
Baker & Taylor offers discounts on library materials and processing fees according to the price list below. To qualify for discounts, be sure to indicate that you are a NEKLS Member Library when you order. The contract is here Baker And Taylor Discount. To set up an account for your library, contact:
- Lois Bacon, Sales Consultant
- 800-775-7930 ext. 1050
Barnes and Noble
Barnes and Noble Bookstores in Northeast Kansas offer a 20% discount off list price to libraries. Orders over $5,000 receive a 25% discount. They also offer a paid membership plan that gives members 10% off the store price on any item, including those on sale. Pre-K to grade 12 Educators can sign up for an Educator Discount Card and receive 20% off all purchases for classroom use and 25% off on Educator Appreciation Days.
- Cheri Miller, Marketing Business Development Manager for Greater Kansas City, Topeka, and NE Kansas
Half Price Books
Show proof of employment at a library or school and receive a 10% discount card that can be used on all purchases at any Half Price Books. Both personal and library purchases are eligible for the discount. It cannot be combined with discount coupons. Card must be renewed annually. Sign up for the Half Price Books mailing list to receive coupons. Store locations in Kansas and Missouri are:
- 15309 W 119th St, Olathe, KS – (913) 829-9959
- 8997 Metcalf Ave, Overland Park, KS – (913) 383-3373
- 1002 Westport Rd., Kansas City, MO – (816) 931-5377
Ingram Book Company
Customer Care – (800) 937-5300, press option 1, then 1
- Kevin Davenport, Inside Sales Representative-Midwest (IA, IL, KS, MN, MO, and NE)
- 800-937-5300 ext. 31328
- Brette Dorris, Outside Sales Representative-Midwest
As a partner with the Greenbush cooperative purchasing contract, libraries receive the following discounts:
- Print materials: additional 8% off Mackin’s catalog
- Ebooks & digital audiobooks: additional 7% off Mackin’s catalog
- Multimedia (DVDs, BlueRay, CDs, Mp3): additional 3% off Mackin’s catalog
- Makerspace: additional 3% off Mackin’s catalog
- Free Cataloging & MARC Records
- Free standard, shelf-ready processing
- Free shipping
- Custom collection analysis
- Support from professional librarians and teachers
- Access to thousands of professionally prepared booklists
- Reviews from Horn Book, School Library Journal, Publishers Weekly, and Library Media Connection
- TitleMatch, so you don’t have to order duplicated titles
- Sara R Mitchell, M. Ed, Sales Consultant/Librarian