Do you want to be a copy cat?: First Steps to Becoming a Fantastic Copy Cataloger!
If you’re really new to cataloging, this session is for you.
In this 90-minute online session, facilitated by NEKLS technology librarian Heather Braum, you will:
- learn the basic principles behind cataloging,
- discover why librarians catalog,
- learn to read a basic MARC record,
- see what a good MARC record looks like,
- learn basic cataloging terminology,
- and practice describing different materials.
If you’re just getting started with copy cataloging or want a review of the basics, this session is for you.
Date: January 12th
Time: 1:00 – 2:30 PM
Cost: FREE to all NEKLS members
Location: Online, Archive information is now available.
Registration: Not required
Pre-requisite reading: Before the session, please read through this presentation http://www.slideshare.net/robinfay/cataloging-basics-presentation It introduces concepts and ideas similar to the session we have planned.