You are invited to attend the “Common Core: Uncommon Change” workshop:
- Who: school librarians, youth services librarians, teachers, principals, superintendents
- Date: Wednesday, July 10, 2013
- Time: 8:30am-3:30pm (Registration and continental breakfast starts at 8:30; Keynote begins at 9am)
- Place: Kansas State Historical Museum in Topeka, KS
- Cost: $20 for NEKLS members/$25 for non-NEKLS members
- Keynote: Dr. Marc Aronson
- Sponsor: Northeast Kansas Library System
- Informational flyer (PDF)
Dr. Marc Aronson‘s keynote will provide an overview of Common Core Standards, focused on Language Arts. He will also lead a group workshop activity on “Clustering” – practical ideas for implementing Common Core for librarians and teachers. You’ll come away with ideas you can use with YOUR collection and YOUR students!
Other learning opportunities include sessions on Checking out eReaders, Common Core Blog & Resources, Book Promotion Ideas, Kansas EZ Library and Databases (from the State Library of Kansas), 21st Century Skills, Open Education Resources, and more!
Workshop cost is $20 for NEKLS members/$25 for non members (contact Teri Nelson, firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re not sure if your district is a member).
Register online, or by mailing in the registration form. POs are accepted. Registration deadline is July 1, 2013. We hope to see you there!
Please contact Patti Poe (email@example.com) or Heather Braum (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or concerns.
Image Credit: “Ft. Vancouver High School Library Media Center 07” by Flickr user WA State Library under a Creative Commons license.