Please join us for the NEKLS 2011 Library Trustee Workshops — choose one of 5 sessions offered March 21—25 at various locations throughout the system.
The topic of this year’s trustee training—by popular demand—is library budgeting. For that reason, the workshops are scheduled for March, rather than July, with information and activities to inform the budget you are working on this spring. As always, a variety of days and times are available—so choose the session that best fits your busy schedule. Participation is free and includes lunch or dinner.
In preparation for the workshops, please gather the following items:
- City Charter Ordinance affecting the library levy, if one exists
- 2010 Year-end financial report
- 2011 Budget
- 2012 plans, ideas, projects, initiatives, new or extended services, hopes and dreams
Attendance at this workshop covers Core Skill Three for the Kansas Library Trustee Certification Program.
It also satisfies the NEKLS accreditation requirement that library board members attend at least one continuing education activity each year.
- Monday, March 21st — THIS SESSION FOR DISTRICT LIBRARIES ONLY — Basehor Community Library — 5:30 – 8:30 PM
- Tuesday, March 22nd — Winchester Community Building — 5:30-8:30 PM
- Wednesday, March 23rd — Osage City Community Center — 5:30-8:30 PM
- Thursday, March 24th — Corning Community Center — 5:30-8:30 PM
- Friday, March 25th — Northeast Kansas Library System office — Noon-3:00 PM
Register online for these free sessions: http://www.nekls.org/nekls-services/ce/event-registration/