By now, you may have noticed that the NExpress catalog look has changed. Those changes are not just skin deep, however! This new look provides a lot of new functionality, including the ability to work seamlessly on any mobile device. This means that the Library Anywhere application that we’ve been using to provide mobile access to our catalog is going to go away. You can still have one-click access to the catalog from your mobile device, though!
For people with an Android tablet or phone:
- Navigate to the http://catalog.nexpresslibrary.org page in your browser
- Press the menu button and select “Bookmarks”
- Select “Add”
- Customize (call it whatever you want) and click OK
- Press and hold the bookmark you just created, select “Add Shortcut To Home”
From CNET – http://www.cnet.com/how-to/adding-one-touch-bookmarks-to-your-androids-home-screen/
For people with iPhone or iPad:
- Open Safari, navigate to http://catalog.nexpresslibrary.org
- Tap the “share” button on the bottom menu bar (an icon of a box with an arrow sticking out the top
- Tap on “add to home screen”
- Give the new shortcut a name, confirm the URL is correct
- Tap “add” to add to your home screen
From GottaBeMobile – http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/11/23/use-safaris-reader-mode-ios-7/
From the mobile browser on your device, you can check your account, place and check on holds and search the catalog – just like you do from your desktop browser.