The Northeast Kansas Library System (NEKLS) will hold a Revenue Neutral hearing at 9:30 AM on Monday, September 12, 2022.
The hearing will be immediately followed by the NEKLS Annual Meeting at which time the System Board will vote on whether to approve the 2023 budget and elect new executive board members.
System Representatives should register to participate over Zoom using this link: https://kslib.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYocuqrpjwoG9esmY2F5pt_wojVo1lmJyf1.
Members of the public will be given an opportunity to make comment before voting occurs. To register to make public comment via Zoom use this link: https://kslib.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYocuqrpjwoG9esmY2F5pt_wojVo1lmJyf1.
If you are attending the entire meeting as the voting System Representative or for a portion of the meeting to make public comment, you will want to install Zoom on your device prior to the meeting on September 12, 2022. If you plan to make public comment please test your microphone prior to the meeting. Because we are voting inside Zoom, there will not be a phone dialing in option for this meeting–app or desktop connections only. Please remember to register in advance so you have the meeting link. Offline accommodations are available at the NEKLS office, 4317 W. 6th Street, Lawrence, KS 66049.
If you are not a voting System Representative you may watch the entire proceedings on the NEKLS YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/oUbd5Qha-AA.
- Revenue Neutral Rate and Annual Meeting Agenda (download pdf)
- Proposed 2023 NEKLS budget, System Representatives will be voting on this budget (download pdf)
- 2023 Estimate Notes (download pdf)
- 2022 Executive Board member ballot with biographies, System Representatives with be voting to elect individuals to fill five seats on the NEKLS executive board (download pdf)
- Minutes of the September 14, 2021 Annual Meeting (download pdf)
- 2023 System Plan and Budget Estimate, prepared annually for approval by the State Library Board, this document provides an overview of NEKLS, its program of services, grant programs, and proposed 2023 budget–the State Library Board approved this plan on July, 14, 2022 (download pdf)
- NEKLS: Who we are and What we do–provides some the same information as the 2023 System Plan; this document offers a brief overview of how NEKLS works to make libraries stronger, how NEKLS is funded, and an example of how ad valorem taxes impact a residential property (download pdf)
For assistance with registration, testing Zoom prior to September 12, or other technical questions related to the hearing and annual meeting, contact Dan Alexander at email@example.com or 785-838-4090.
For questions about the agenda and proposed budget, contact Mike McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-838-4090.