On August 15, 2019, 84 people from the NEKLS region attended the 2019 Annual Assembly. Here are a few photos from the day.
Annual Business Meeting
Five people were elected to fill roles on the Executive Board. They are:
- Dan Glynn, Doniphan County Representative
- Brandy Robben, Jefferson County Representative
- Ashley Creek, Leavenworth County Representative
- Jack Granath, Wyandotte County Representative
- Sean Bird, At-Large Representative
Also during the business meeting, the following officers were announced:
- Sean Bird, President
- Brandy Robben, Vice-President
- Sarah Walker-Hitt, Treasurer
- Emily Burgdorf, Secretary
Super Volunteer Recognition Ceremony
Each year, we take time to honor some outstanding volunteers who share their time with NEKLS libraries, and with their communities. This year the selection committee chose to honor six volunteers from three libraries.
The volunteers were our guests for lunch and they were called forward during the ceremony to receive an award from the System Director, Laura DeBaun. The Nominating libraries received a small grant to thank them for fostering excellent volunteerism in their communities.
Annual Assembly Continuing Education
Lee Rainie, Director of Internet and Technology Research at Pew Research Center, presented Trust, Facts, and Democracy: How Libraries Fit into the Biggest Issues of These Times.