May 15, 2019
9am to 3pm
Overbrook Public Library, Community Room, 317 Maple St, Overbrook, KS 66524
It’s time to dream big. As a library director, leader or trustee, ask:
- What does my community need to be successful at home, at school, at work?
- What can my library do to facilitate that success?
- How much will that cost and where will we find funding?
Taxes and tuition pay for the basics (hopefully!). But to make your community’s dreams come true, you’re going to need to get some intentional gifts from supportive constituents. Additional funds mean you can do more, which is better service for your community.
In this interactive session, nonprofit fundraising consultants Judy Keller and Mary Loftus will help you to:
- identify your purpose and goals for fundraising.
- create a draft of a fundraising case statement that suits your short-term goals.
- identify next steps, including how to use your case statement to raise funds.
For more information on Judy and Mary, see kellerconsultingllc.com. As Judy says, “Fundraising is for anyone who has a goal—not just for the big guys!”
At the end of the session, you will leave with a draft of a case statement—a written piece explaining who you are, what the library needs and why funders should support the library. You will also leave with a plan to put the statement into action.
In order to get the most out of this session, bring copies of your library’s strategic plan, mission/vision statement(s) and a wish list with estimated costs.
There is no charge for this event; and you do get a free lunch! Register at: http://bit.ly/2HMf6HU by Monday, May 6.