The Northeast Kansas Library System will hold a Budget Hearing at 10 a.m. on Thursday, August 10, 2023 as part of its Annual Meeting. Because the Executive Board is proposing a 2024 budget that does not exceed the Revenue Neutral Rate, there will be no Revenue Neutral Rate hearing this year.
In addition to considering and approving the 2024 System Budget during the Annual Meeting, the System Board will also vote to elect executive board members.
Attendance for both the hearing and annual meeting may be online via Zoom or in-person at 4317 W. 6th Street, Lawrence Ks. System Board representatives are encouraged to attend online as the NEKLS training room has limited capacity.
Important Instructions for System Board Representatives
System Board Representatives should register to participate over Zoom using this link: https://kslib.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUtceGurD8uG9E1pMdA0ODibq9Saz3z6uW_
- You must register in advance!
- Upon completing registration, an invitation to the Zoom meeting will be sent to the email you used to register. Be sure to save this email because it contains your unique link for accessing the meeting. If you do not receive this link, please contact Dan Alexander firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Be sure to install Zoom on your device prior to August 10, 2022. Test your microphone prior to the meeting.
- The day of the meeting, use your unique link to access the Zoom meeting.
- You may want to log in 10 to 15 minutes early to confirm that you are able to get into the meeting and can interact with the zoom interface.
- Proposed 2024 NEKLS budget – You will be voting on this budget.
- 2023 Executive Board Ballot (note: ballot is being finalized; tentative ballot will be available prior to the meeting)
The general public and other members of the library community will be able to view and listen to the proceedings via the NEKLS YouTube channel. Any member of the public wishing to provide comment at the Budget hearing is asked to pre-register so they can obtain a Zoom link for the purposes of providing comment or they may attend in-person at the NEKLS office.
For assistance with registering for the Zoom room and any technical questions related to accessing the hearing and annual meeting, contact Dan Alexander at email@example.com or 785-838-4090
For questions about the agenda and proposed budget, contact Mike McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-838-4090
For all other inquiries, please call the NEKLS office at 785-838-4090.