The Southeast Kansas Library System is now handling Materials Replacement Fund claims on behalf of the State Library. The procedures remain those you are familiar with if you have submitted claims in the past. Go here for guidelines and a printable form. Alternatively, you can go to the SEKLS website and select Materials Replacement Requests from the Quick Links drop down box.

As a quick summary, the Materials Replacement Fund reimburses Kansas libraries when materials they loaned to another Kansas library are lost or not returned. Requests must be submitted by the borrowing library, which must provide information about what was done to try to retrieve the item. The borrowing library must also provide verification of replacement cost. Upon approval, a check is issued to the loaning library.